It’s here! The new Wisdom Panel 2.5 Dog DNA Test from Mars Veterinary has been updated from the 2.0 version to include detection of over 200+ breeds of dogs. Four new breeds were accepted into AKC in 2015 — Bergamasco, Boerboel, Cirneco dell’Etna and Spanish Water Dog. These four new breeds are now available on the new Wisdom Panel 2.5 Dog DNA Test.
AKC introduced 4 new breeds in 2015, and all are detected in the Wisdom Panel 2.5 Dog DNA Test
Wisdom Panel 2.5 Dog DNA Test
The new Wisdom Panel 2.5 Canine DNA Test will help you to answer the question about which breeds are in your dog. Why does he look the way he does? Why does he like to swim and dig holes in the yard? You want to be doing all you can to provide your dog with the best care possible while making him happier and healthier. Now dog owners can answer these questions and develop a more targeted care plan for the overall health and well-being of their dogs with the 2.5 DNA Test. Investments into the accuracy of the science, as well as enhancements towards the overall service and experience, have resulted in several improvements towards the development of the 2.5 DNA test.
There are two significant upgrades between the older 2.0 test and the latest 2.5 Dog DNA test. The older test detected less dogs, and the new 2.5 test detects over 200+ breeds. I am an owner of two Boerboels, and this is a breed that was not formerly detected on the 2.0 test, but is now included on the 2.5 DNA Test.
The other significant changes are that the 2.5 DNA Test includes new features:
- Illumina Platform: MDR1 Genetic Mutation Test: Direct testing for the mutant MDR1 gene (multidrug sensitivity). Results can assist in the prevention of serious adverse drug reactions. MDR1 test value: $70. Improved technology with the Illumina testing chip for higher marker counts.
- Increase in Genetic Markers and Accuracy: Seven times the genetic markers for improved accuracy.
- HTML Reports: HTML report format allows easy access and interaction from smartphones and tablets.
- Eco-friendly Packaging: By moving to a smaller box size, shipping costs and cardboard usage are reduced.
Features of Wisdom Panel 2.5 Dog DNA Test
- Breed ancestry tree going back three generations
- Detailed breed profiles for each of the breeds detected
- Adult weight range prediction to help with nutrition and diet choices
- Access for consumers to the Mars Veterinary customer care team for report questions and trait analysis.
- Ancestry certificate for framing
Breed Library: The Wisdom Panel 2.5 Breed Library Detects 200+ Breeds and Varieties
The Wisdom Panel Breed Library detects all the American Kennel Club (AKC) registered dogs plus many additional breeds, most of which are found on the AKC’s Foundation Stock Service® List. By understanding the various breeds’ traits and histories, you may be able to recognize some of them in your dog.
What Will My Dog’s Report Tell Me?
Wisdom Panel Insights not only detects the breeds in your dog’s ancestry, it will also model an ancestry chart showing where each breed was likely involved so you can see when the breeds contributed to your dog’s family history! Parent: A breed that represents approximately 50% of your dog’s DNA. You are likely to see the most physical and behavioral traits from this breed. Dogs with mixed-breed parents will not have a breed represented at this level. Grandparent: A breed that represents approximately 25% of your dog’s DNA. You may see some physical and behavioral traits from this breed. Dogs with a very mixed ancestry may not have a breed represented at this level. Great-Grandparent: A breed that represents approximately 12.5% of your dog’s DNA. You are unlikely to see many traits from this breed unless they are dominant.
The Wisdom Panel 2.5 Dog DNA Test is available for purchase online at ShopForPuppy.com. ShopForPuppy.com is proud of our donation program, and 100% of the proceeds from the sales of Wisdom Panel 2.5 Dog DNA Kits will be donated to Rescue and Shelters. If you are the representative of a Rescue or 501c3 charitable pet organization, please contact us for consideration into our program. Thank you for your support!