Motorola recently recently released the 200U Shock-Free No-Bark Collar which uses dual sonic technology to control nuisance barking. Excessive or nuisance barking is when a dog barks incessantly. This can be set off by a passing car or the rustle of leaves. It can also be caused from boredom or a desire for attention.
There are a number of ways to control excessive barking. The Motorola 200U No-Bark Collar is a quick, easy and humane way to reduce excessive barking behavior. Whenever the the No-Bark Collar detects that your dog is barking, the unit releases an unpleasant ultrasonic sound to interrupt the barking.
Every dog barks, so to be most fair to your dog, the Motorola 200U No-Bark Collar has unique programming that allows for 5 seconds of “free” barking time, after which the unit will vibrate. Should your dog continue to bark, the unit will emit the ultrasonic correction. If your dog is quiet for two minutes, once again the system will allow your dog five more seconds of “free” barking followed by a warning vibration prior to any ultrasonic correction.
You can choose from three levels of ultrasonic correction to match your dog’s temperament:
- Level 1 – audible tone only
- Level 2 – 1 second of ultrasonic sound
- Level 3 – 3 seconds of ultrasonic sound
The goal is to limit excessive barking, not to eliminate or suppress all barking.
Frequently Asked Questions about Motorola 200U No-Bark Collar
- Will the No-Bark Collar be effective on my dog? There are many reasons for excessive barking — the dog may be hungry, cold, lonely or simply alerting you to people or animals on your property. The No-Bark Collar is best used on dogs who needs are well fulfilled and bark excessively at everything that moves. Dogs that are hard of hearing may not respond to an ultrasonic bark control collar.
- Will the barking from another dog trigger the sensor on the Motorola 200U No-Bark Collar? No. The sensor will trigger only when the vibration of the vocal chords matches the barking sound.
- Will the ultrasound from the 200U No-Bark Collar affect other dogs? Yes. Other dogs within the hearing range may be affected by the ultrasonic sound.
- Is the 200U No-Bark Collar appropriate and humane? Yes. The collar is designed to to get your dog’s attention, not to punish him. However, the initial ultrasonic sound may startle him.
- What is meant by ultrasonic sound? People can only hear sounds at a frequency of up to a maximum of 20kHz, whereas a dog can hear up to 60kHg. As such, dogs are sensitive to certain sounds that are undetectable to people. The ultrasonic sound waves released by the Motorola 200U No-Bark Collar are at frequencies that are audible to dogs.
- Will my dog stop barking completely? No. The 200U No-Bark Collar was specifically designed to reduce or discourage excessive barking behavior, but not eliminate barking altogether.
The Motorola BARK200U No-Bark Collar can be purchased online at ShopForPuppy.com. We are proud to support rescues and pet charities by donating a portion of revenue from the sale of each Motorola No-Bark Collar.