Update May 17, 2013: We have made the decision to discontinue selling the SportDOG SD-425. As a replacement item for this short-range (under 1/2 mile) trainer, we highly recommend the Dogtra iQ, the Einstein ET-502 for small to medium-sized dogs under 75 pounds or the Einstein ET-700 for dogs from 75 to 200 pounds.
ShopForPuppy is proud to donate a portion of all proceeds to helping 501c3 non-profit Rescues.
SportDOG brand just came out with a new remote trainer called the SportDOG Wetland Hunter SD-425CAMO as an upgrade to one of its all time best-selling trainers, the SD-425. There are some significant new features in the SportDOG SD-425.
- Instead of a 12-hour charge cycle, it has been reduced to a 2-hour charge cycle thanks to the lithium ion batteries
- It is submersible to 25 feet, making it totally waterproof on the remote and the collar
- Hiding out in the blind, your dog will blend right in with the SD-425CAMO version.
Designed for the waterfowl hunting environment with close-working dogs, the WetlandHunter 425 takes the most advanced, industry-leading technology that SportDOG Brand has ever built into its e-collars and packaged it up in the most compact system ever offered.
Switch instantly between stimulation, vibration, and tone to fit the correction or communication to your dog’s temperament and learning ability. This model is smartly and completely finished in Realtree Max-4 camo, so it looks great while also blending in with the rest of a waterfowl hunter’s gear. This flexible system lets you control up to 3 dogs by adding SportDOG Brand Add-A-Dog collars. You can stay hidden. You can get wet. You can work your dog. You can bag birds. What else is there? This new 425CAMO Model is an upgraded replacement for the WetlandHunter 400 (SD-400CAMO).
Features of SportDOG WetlandHunter A-Series SD-425CAMO 500-Yard Remote Trainer
- 500-yard range
- Realtree Max-4 camo finish
- DRYTEK waterproof design technology
- 7 instantly selectable stimulation levels; medium/high stim ranges
- Option to train with vibration or tone
- 2 hour charge
- Expands to 3 dogs without loss of vibe/tone feature
- Offers 7 different programming modes; including a mode to run remote beeper (SD-BEEP)
- Basic training DVD and manual
- Transmitter weighs only 4 ounces
- Collar receiver weighs only 3.3 ounces with strap
- Ergonomic “shaped” collar receiver design
- Additional collars (SDR-AC) sold separately
- Remote trainer
- 1 collar receiver
- Long contact points
- Basic training manual and DVD
- Operating Guide
- Charging Adaptor
- Test Light
Purchase the SportDOG Wetland Hunter SD-425CAMO online at ShopForPuppy.com, where a portion of all revenue goes towards pet rescue.